Reviews

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bag Review: Tatami Fightwear Gi Backpack

This bag is almost all pearl weave Gi material
Opening: This review is on Tatami Fightwear's Gi backpack. I received this as a Christmas present from the wife. She bought it from BJJ Warehouse and as of today it is only $19.99! I think it is normally about $35. It is available in the 4 main Gi colors Black, White, Blue, and Navy.

I have no affiliation with Tatami Fightwear, nor am I being financially compensated for this review. All thoughts expressed are my true and honest opinion.

Initial Impressions: I saw this bag previously online and was interested in it. I was pretty happy about getting it for Christmas. I wanted a smaller bag than the one I use for pretty much everything(Datsusara Battle Pack). I love my DS Battle pack but sometimes I don't need a "72hr" bag. This bag is a lot smaller than I thought it would be but it turned out to be just the right size.

Tatami Fightwear logo Patch on the front
Construction: The bag is well made and very light. There is a rubbery/ plastic material that lines the main compartment as well as the front pocket. The zippers don't feel cheaply made and the pull tabs have a rubber Tatami logo on them which I think is a cool added touch. There is a large patch on the front of the bag keeping with the Gi theme. The straps have nylon on one side and Gi material on the side that faces out. My only complaint is how thin the padding is on the straps. I feel like even just a little more padding would be nice. There is a nylon loop handle at the top like most backpacks have. The dimensions of this little guy are 18"H x 13"W x approx 3.5" D.
Gi material straps could be thicker.
Angle view of the straps
Front pocket
Inside compartment
Gi with pants fits nicely
With Gi inside
Top view with Gi inside
Final Thoughts: My initial worries about the bag being too small were put to rest once I started stuffing things in the bag. My Gi is an A4 so it is larger than most fits in there perfectly. There is still room for my belt, MMA shorts, a couple of rash guards and a mouthpiece and tape. This is not a huge carry all but a great option for the minimalist who wants a BJJ or Judo themed backpack. The thin straps turned out to not be an issue since you can't really load this bag down with more crap than you need. This bag would also work great as a "nasty" bag for your dirty clothes and would probably fit in most large gym bags or backpacks. If you want a Spartan bag that wont break the bank, at under $20 this backpack is a really great deal.

3 comments:


  1. Great article! Very informative.. I got my stuff from https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/product-category/brand/tatami-fightwear/ - Was really good quality, i highly recommend them. i think if you use 'MFS10' you can get a 10% discount, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is much different than the old style of just leaving everything in its original box, with zippers that often don't close properly and other weaknesses. Source to know more about backpack.

    ReplyDelete